Every Sacred Sunday Mass Journal, Year C 2018-2019
This is not a paid review. I’m expressing my personal opinion and making recommendations based on my shopping preferences.
On the twentieth day of Blogmas
my true love sent to me:
Day 20: Sunday Prepping
Day 19: Feel the Love
Day 18: Let’s go shopping
Day 17: Tips to Holiday Travel
Day 16: Meet Shanice
Day 15: Meet Lasonia
Day 14: Meet Erriel
Day 13: Meet Angeli
Day 12: Meet Javi
Day 11: Meet Girl on the Fly
Day 10: Meet Stephanie
Day 9: Meet Natasha
Day 8: Blogger Spotlight
Day 7: Never Ever
Day 6: New Years Resolutions
5 Favorite Things!!
Day 4: Stocking Stuffers
Day 3: Holiday Getaways
Day 2: All Things Advent
and a Posting Explaining to Thee!
A couple of week’s ago, I did my first “unboxing” on YouTube.
And I couldn’t have chosen a better product: “The Every Sacred Sunday Mass Journal, Year C 2018-2019.”
This is truly unlike anything I have ever seen AND a first on the market.
Title: “Every Sacred Sunday 2018-2019″
Authors: Kassie Manning, Christie Peters
Originally Published: 2018, printed in the USA
Journal: Blue cover: limited quantity in stock. Gray cover: Out of stock, will be available again in January 2019.
Hardback: 312 pages
I Got A Copy: Purchased my own via Every Sacred Sunday
Buy Link: Only available via Every Sacred Sunday, $44.95
Shipping: Available to ship in the US only due to copyright
So, what is this exactly and more importantly how can this help the Sunday Catholic?
The “Every Sacred Sunday Mass Journal 2018-2019” is truly a one of a kind item. To my knowledge, there is no other publication like this: one fabulous book that combines journaling with full mass readings for the upcoming liturgical year.
This publication is sure to become your favorite Sunday and Solemnity Mass resource. And why? You will connect with God through scripture readings and prayer before you head to Mass. It’s a win-win.
As Kassie and Christie skillfully ask, “how do you prepare for the most important hour of the week?”
Would I Recommend?
Absolutely would recommend “Every Sacred Sunday“! Hands down has changed my Sunday dynamic. Coffee, daily reading and journaling has now become my favorite go-to Sunday activity.
I feel uber prepared as I head into afternoon Mass. I’m not discovering the daily scripture as it unfolds during Mass. I’m attending Mass with a mindset that allows me to connect versus digest. I feel more prepared than ever.
- This resource is designed for Latin Rite Roman Catholics in the United States. The full mass readings are in approved translations. You will be 100% compliant as you head into Mass with this book in tow.
- Kassie and Christie have done an exceptional job in outlining everything you would ever need for the liturgical year. Before you dig in, there’s a personal forward that speaks to the heart of the book which is followed by “how to use” and reflection pages. Sets you up to win before you even get started.
- Each Sunday section invites you to reflect and record. You’ll begin diving into the daily readings, responsorial psalm and Gospel. Feel free to highlight those notable moments along the way; this is your spiritual resource. After the readings you’ll find a specific area for you to jot down how the scripture spoke to you, your intentions for the week as well as journal your thoughts.
- The book itself is simple and luxurious at the same time. Thick matte pages and perfect sized font provide a modern feel while the gold foil stamped cover gives it that lap of luxury you would never expect. Ten beautiful and original watercolor illustrations by artist Christie Peters highlight each liturgical season. Includes a protective drawstring pouch, keeping it clean as to take “Every Sacred Sunday” to and from Church.
- Nineteen prayers are found in the front and back covers. They’re all there, from the Nicene Creed to the Morning Offering to the Prayer Before Mass (St. Thomas Aquinas) and everything in between. This is super helpful for some of us who struggle remembering all those important prayers.
Meet the Authors:
Meet Kassie and Christie!
They are “former college roomies, dog-lovers, tea drinkers, and big believers in extraordinary grace.”
One is an elementary school teacher. The other, a molecular biologist. Who do you think does what? Which is the artist behind the drawings?
Click here and read more about their wonderful stories.
Have you purchased “Every Sacred Sunday Mass Journal 2018-2019“? If so, what did you think of it? How do you say Yes to God? Leave me a comment below, I’d absolutely love to hear from you!
Happy Holidays, Happy Blogmas!
(Pstt Don’t forget to subscribe so that you don’t miss any of my Blogmas stories)